Things are changing a little for me. Nothing drastic, but it kinda feels that way.
- Since I've now filed for divorce, I will now be referring to 'the ex', rather than the 'stbx', even though the papers haven't been signed by her. I've signed something, so there you go.
- The ex is getting a new job. One closer to a regular 9-5 schedule. Don't know if it's more money or not, but whatever. It's impacting my time with the girls though. Back when I moved out, we established a schedule and kept it for about 4 months. At that point, she started picking up more hours at her retail job and I got the girls a lot more. I saw them almost every day, even if it was just to pick them up, keep them for an hour or so, then pass them off. I got used to it. Then it changed back to the old schedule. It's ok, but I'm going through the same withdrawals again.
- Work is a lot busier. We may actually be making some money. As a division anyway. It's nice to be busy. There's been a lot of design work too, so I've taken the opportunity to pick up some of that, just to help out. It's nice to keep my hand in it, even though I don't want to go back to being a full-time designer.
- Had some weird attrition of shop employees though. No sooner than I laid one guy off did another walk of because his team mate, "farted too close" to him. What? Then another guy's been in and out of trouble after a bad split. I'm guessing he's in jail, but no one seems to know. Yeah, he doesn't work for me any more.
- The dog is gone. Thank goodness. Sadie is a great dog and all, but she dug up the carpet trying to get away from thunder and got through a window screen to go play with the neighbor dog. The ex found someone with another dog and a big yard to take her. So this weekend was spent repairing that damage. Was kind of surprised that laminate is actually cheaper than carpet. $0.69/sqft vs $0.80/sqft. I thought I was looking at $300-$400 to replace all the carpet, but ended up spending less than $100, after deciding not to replace the living room carpet. I really want to, because it's old, dirty, and smelly, but this is a rental...
It's not trimmed out yet, so pardon the dust:
I can't believe how sore I am. I must have bent down and up 50 times to get this done. Of course it had to be the hallway. Because of all the door openings and tight space, it's probably the most difficult space to put laminate in. Haven't fixed the screen yet, but it can wait for another day.
- Getting fat again. I stopped exercising when I had the girls so often. And I love me some Mexican food. Gotta do sumthin' about that.... meh, where's that beer?
- I've been going back to the sushi place. My first venture wasn't as exhilarating as I had hoped, but I've given it another shot or two and have been enjoying the cooked rolls. Salmon, crab, calamari, and the Miso soup.
- Recently finished reading the first 4 books of George R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series. It's the book series that spawned HBO's "A Game of Thrones". Haven't seen the TV show, but LOVED the books. Can't wait for the 5th book. It's supposed to come out on July 12th.
- I profusely apologize for not responding to any of the comments left on my last post and will try to do better.
- Went up to the hills for a 'camping dinner' with the design staff and took some pictures. I'll leave you with a very unCOOL picture:
Ha! Great to see you again! Never mind the not responding thing... we all do that at one point or another as other things in life call our attention. And it does sound like you've been very busy.
ReplyDeleteThe floor looks great! LOL about the guy quitting over a fart! Yay for your division doing so well in spite of the weirdnesses.
As for the SSS pic... looks pretty darned cool to me!
Hey silly rabbit! Thanks for reading!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! I'm slightly obsessed with the Game Of Thrones show and was wondering if they came from a book series are not (haven't taken the time to look into it, so thanks for doing it for me. lol). That just made my day!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear, under the circumstances, that you are finally an ex. I'm sure there will be lots of changes in the girls' schedules 'cause the ex seems like she likes to change jobs.
ReplyDeleteYour new flooring looks great! As for sushi, just can't get into it. Mexican food though, I'm all in :-)
Be cool, hope to see you again soon!
Good to see you back. Floor looks great. And sushi is a taste well worth acquiring. You'll be eating nigiri before you know it.
ReplyDeleteZany - Thanks! I haven't seen the show yet, but I hear it's pretty good.
ReplyDeletelaura b - Hi! Thanks!
secret agent - Thanks! Now I gotta go google "nigiri."
Ah, nigiri. They had a bit of that on the 'beginners' plate I had. Difficult to eat. Not sure if I was supposed to put the whole thing in my mouth. Ha!
ReplyDelete