My dad drove up to help my stbx move. I helped with him for most of Saturday, but she complained loud enough that he came back up on Sunday. She had been telling us that she had all of Monday to get out, but at last minute that moved up to 'out by Monday morning'. She sent me more than a few texts begging for help on Sunday, but I didn't help but also didn't respond with with what I wanted to say, which was "Maybe you should have done some work on Friday." I felt kind of bad for my dad though. I didn't find out until later that he was there on Sunday too.
As my dad was making the 45 minute drive up on Saturday with the trailer I built back in 1999, and refurbished for him for Christmas, blew off of his truck and went bounding down the hill.

There was nothing in it and those 4' sides acted like sails and it just blew away and rolled over, not on it's wheels. It's not totally destroyed, but one of the wheels or hubs may have gotten bent. If that's the case, it will never see the highway with a heavy load again.
It's remarkable how the weather conditions change right at the WY/CO border. The trailer blew off once, maybe a mile before the border, and then again almost right at the Welcome to Wyoming sign. That's where the picture was taken. My dad left it there and got my help dragging it back out. The winds were still up above 20 mph when we retrieved it.
So for next week, I've tagged our friend at Woman with No Regrets for next weeks word.
So...at least she is moved now and should be doing better financially. Hopefully, she can learn to be more self-sufficient.
ReplyDeleteThat is pretty crazy with that trailer blowing around! Glad there was no serious damage in those winds.
I'm glad the trailer only needs mild repairs after bounding down the road!
ReplyDeleteWhen my parents separated and my dad moved out, he also waited until the last minute to do anything like your stbx. I think he thought my mom would change her mind about the whole thing. Nope!
I finally thought up a photo for "bound".
Your dad helping your ex...that truly is an admirable man.
ReplyDeleteWow, that's crazy about the wind.
ReplyDeleteIt's cool that you built a trailer for your dad. Definitely not cool that it came apart due to the winds.
ReplyDeletelaura b - 'At least' is right. The thing that bugs me is that she never even bothered to look at the new low-income apts. Could have saved herself another 2-300. Oh well.
ReplyDeleteTara - I think that's why she waited. Trying to guilt trip me probably.
CP - Very admirable. A much better man than I.
secret agent - Very crazy.
DCHY - Actually, I built it for myself 11 yrs ago and just gave it to him this last Christmas. Very not cool that it came apart, but it can be saved.
So are you in Colorado??? If so, where abouts?
ReplyDeleteWell, it's a good thing I've gotten around to reading! Will think of word.
ReplyDeleteDanielle - Almost. I'm in Cheyenne.
ReplyDeleteNoRegrets - Sorry about that! I had every intention of messaging you, but I totally forgot.