The blog is alive! Yup, I’m starting it up again. I hope it doesn’t get hijacked again, but it’ll be what it be, I suppose.
If I were to update everyone on everything that’s happened, it would be quite the overwhelming post. Even if I were to hit the highlights, it wouldn’t be much fun for anyone…
So, I’ll post some pics! I took my girls on vacation the 2nd week of June up to Montana to see family and then to Yellowstone for a couple of nights. We went to the Museum of the Rockies at Montana State University in Bozeman. They had a really cool exhibit on DaVinci’s inventions. Did you know he invented a tank? It carried 8 men, 4 to run the wheels & 4 to shoot the cannons. The description said they chose not to have horses in it because “it probably would not be a good idea to have 4 men, horses, and explosives in such a confined space.”
I didn’t do as well as I’d hoped as far as playing shutterbug though. Most of the pics I got were in Yellowstone.
My girls got to see their cousins for the first time in 2 1/2+ years.
If you’ve never been to Yellowstone, it’s the freak show of all national parks. I highly recommend it, even though Old Faithful isn’t as faithful as it used to be. They had an earthquake back in 1959 that messed up the very regular eruptions it used to have. Maybe next time we’ll be able to stay at one of the lodges there. I’d like to stay at the Yellowstone Lake Lodge.
So on our way home I took a wrong turn. There are all of 2 ways out of Yellowstone into Wyoming and I took the wrong one. And once you get lost in Wyoming, there’s really no point in turning back. It’s usually easier to just keep going and find one of the 2 highways that’ll take you back home.
The good thing about the wrong turn was getting to see some of the Shoshone National Forest, which has some pretty neat rock formations. And talk about a lot of water! It seemed like hadn’t stopped raining while I was gone. All the reservoir's were full and the rivers were over their banks. And it got worse the closer to home we got (which didn’t happen until 10:30 at night…sheesh.)
It was sure nice to get away though. I don’t think I had ever looked forward to a vacation like I did this one and there is no way it could have disappointed since I was with my girlies.
Thanks for coming back!
We’ll end with more pics. Enjoy.
Oh, I am so glad you got a vacation with your girls!
ReplyDeleteI have always wanted to go to Yellowstone.
Thanks for sharing!
Good to see you blogging again, KenV! Your vacation looks wonderful and I bet your girls loved it.
ReplyDeleteI forget to take pictures when I am doing stuff and end up having to rely on memory...when what I really need is photographic evidence. haha!
What a coincidence, my kids head for Yellowstone tomorrow with their Dad. Beautiful place.
ReplyDelete