I’m sure ready for a change. Whenever I can scrape up the money, I’ll be moving out. It’ll probably be a few months. With all 3 girlies in daycare, every extra penny is already called for until school starts again. So I’ll get through July & August and hopefully by November 1st I’ll be living somewhere else. Same town, different hole.
This whole separation/being poor thing is a pain in the butt. I’ll be filing for bankruptcy too. (Shoulda’ done that 2 years ago…) It just recently occurred to me that all the money I’ve been paying out every month for the last 2+ years for debt reduction is only touching 25% of our actual debt. And by all that money, I mean $1,300 a month!! And none of it’s for a mortgage! I accept responsibility for being in this situation, but I’m not the one that actually spent the money. I just turned a blind eye…..*sigh*
So it’s a little early to be looking but I’m checking out apartments & houses for rent. I need to decide whether or not I want to pay the extra $’s out for a house. Probably not. I’d really like to have a yard for the girls to play in, but it’ll probably end up being a ‘just do without’ situation. Although I just checked and craigslist has a couple of low rent trailer houses on there. I’m sure something will turn up when I’m ready.
It’s fun to read some of the listings on craigslist, which are either mistakes or scams. Someone listed a house for rent, $500 a month, and only 3 subway stops to the city! Woohoo! There is not a single subway in all of Wyoming. (Unless you count the sandwich place, in which case they’re all in the city, so it still doesn’t work.)
I’ve discovered a weird thing around here though. Almost no one does month to month renting, only leases. If they do monthly, it’s only after completing a lease. Back in CA, everything was month to month. Or at least you had the option. I wonder why that is.
I’m just teasing myself by looking though, since it isn’t going to happen for a while.
(I just deleted about 3 paragraphs of depressing relationship stuff.)
What else should I talk about? Did a whole bunch of nothing on the 4th. Didn’t see even one firework, but there was lightning, which I think is always very cool.
I told myself when I started blogging again, I would always include a picture, even if it doesn’t have anything to do with the main topic:
This is a picture of an old circular saw. It was at the pioneer exhibit at the Museum of the Rockies. One piece of equipment in our shop is called a component saw. It has 5 big (24”+) saw blades in it and it’s computer controlled, meaning that it can move all those blades & change the length with a push of a button. I should show this old one to my sawyers, “How’d you like to cut 5,000+ boards a day with this?”
And here’s a picture of the ‘redecorating’ I did in our office waiting area (a long time ago.) The new stuff is the trusses on the walls and the floor truss coffee table. Just showing off the different shapes we can create. The previous decorations were this wreath and these little hats with flowers on them. No, we don’t make anything with flowers…
Thanks for reading!
When I was dealing with my ex, the money kept us living in the same place for longer than necessary. I was soooo much happier once we were able to live apart. I'm sure that as you say, you will find something when the time is right.
ReplyDeleteas you look, you get an idea of what's available and it helps you form a plan. take you r time and the right situation will present itself at the right time. His eye is on the sparrow.........
ReplyDeleteOK, so you really are back. I gotta get caught up. Sorry it's come to what it's come to...And feel free to write depressing posts. Jeez, why not?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments!
ReplyDeletelaura - It's been way too long for us. Over a year. And now that I'm 'done' with the relationship, the little aggravating stuff I've put up with for so long is really getting to me.
4coens - And that's why I'm looking. I've discovered that maybe 75% of the rentals here are listed online. I've found a few houses by just driving around.
Pamela - yup, I'm back. For better or worse. :)