- When were you last in ocean waters?
- Probably about 3 years ago.
- When did you last fly over ocean waters?
- Don’t think I ever have.
- What ocean sports activity seems like the most fun?
- When I was little, I liked boogie boarding. Right up until a huge wave pounded my face into the ocean floor. That sucked. I still have my board, although now it’s a really good snow sled.
- What are your thoughts or feelings about public aquariums?
- I love them. I have quite a few fond memories of the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I fully intend on taking my girlies there someday.
- What are your thoughts or feelings about sushi?
- Come to think of it, I don’t know that I’ve ever had sushi. Or at least I don’t remember it. So maybe I’m not much of a fan…? Or I don’t know that I like it. One or the other.
And now for the randomness:
- I’ve recently started following some geekdom celebrities on Twitter. I found out what a Failwhale is. Huh.
- I am so bored here at work. *sigh*
- My laptop crapped out on me. So I haven’t done that “state of the company” address I mentioned earlier. Hopefully it’s just the power supply. Less than $15 to fix it would be fine by me.
- I need new tires. And a windshield. And there’s something annoyingly wrong with my car that causes the cruise control to shut off. And there’s something else annoyingly wrong with it that causes it to not want to start sometimes. Stupid car. But pretty much everything but the tires can wait.
- Since my laptop’s dead, I’ve been using the pos eMachine that my wife bought with the $500 she insisted I give her. She almost never used it. It’s mine now.
- I’m seriously considering building my own desktop. I have a cool looking tower, new power supply, and old DVD/CD drives. All I really need is a new motherboard, processor and hard drives. Could have a nice one for less than $500 fairly easily. I’ll bet I could get some computer know-enough-of-it-all to build it for me if I shipped them the parts and a hundred $ bill. Maybe next year.
- I miss my irregular poker nights with the guys. Haven’t done one since CA. Yet another thing to start doing when I have my own place.
- If I built a good enough desktop, I could play StarCraft II. The previews look awesome!
- Meh. On second thought, StarCraft is a MMORPG. Not my cup of tea. Gimme a gun to point ‘n shoot and I’m happy. Too much involved in anything else.
- Jonesin’ again for a motorcycle. I think I want a blue Honda VTX1300. Shiny.
- Although, poking around on the Honda Motorsports website has revealed the DN-01. It’s a crossover, and I’m not sure I like the exhaust, but very cool looking otherwise. I guess it sits like a cruiser and performs and looks more like a sport bike.
Yeah, like I’ll be spending $15K on a bike any time soon.
- I took the kids to the free pancake breakfast this morning. Didn’t get to see them actually making the pancakes, which I hear is quite the show, but someone mentioned that they served 12,000 people this last Wednesday and hoped to break that today. When we got there, the line was only about 1/4 mile long and it never stopped moving. A 5 minute walk to chow down some pancakes & a slice of ham. Not too shabby.
- There was a homemade ice-cream stand there too. The guy had 2 big churns that were powered by this little old John-Deer motor. You know, the antique ones that pop-pop-pop-pop-pop. Of course the girlies had to ask for it. “No, you can’t have ice-cream for breakfast!”
- I ordered my new power supply. $16 and delivered by the 4th. Hope that solves the problem.
- I suppose I should start filling out rental applications. My goal is to be here for only 3 more months, might even be able to do it in 2 if the stbx actually starts forking out the money that she said she would. Although it’s highly unlikely. She said she was going to pay for one of the girls every week for the summer. She’s paid maybe 1 of every 3 weeks, not even the every other week she was paying during the school year. What’s the point of her working if I have to pay over $1,200 a month in child care?!!
- So anyhoo. My weekend will be spent at a parade tomorrow morning and the rest of it will be spent thinking about all the groceries I need to buy but can’t really afford.
- As sick as I am of feeling poor, no, my life isn’t really that bad. I still have a job and everyone’s healthy.
Thanks for reading!
Dude! That is a whole lot of random ;-) Just my kind of post.
ReplyDeleteI did the Friday 5 too...good one.
I am following you on Twitter now, okay?
The pancake breakfast sounds great..I totally would have had the ice cream as well :-)
And those are my random thoughts.
I am in ocean waters at least once a year, more if I can manage it. I guess I haven't actually flown over ocean waters since last November. I still like boogie boarding, in spite of many wave-poundings. You already know I love public aquariums. And you've seriously never had sushi? It's like little pieces of heaven.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments!
ReplyDeletelaura - Thanks for following, but if you're expecting any tweets, you'll probably be disappointed. I like reading yours though. If I hadn't had to go to work, ice cream would have made a great breakfast dessert.
saw - I picked up your new blog. Sorry you had to switch, but it seemed pretty smooth transition to me. Hopefully it's the same for all your readers. I'll have to try sushi one of these days. I'm only 1-1/2 hours away from Denver, which has some good spots for it, or so I hear.
Hey, how was the parade?
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for our county fair. It starts next week.
The parade was good. We got there early enough to get a nice spot under a tree and on the grass. It was a little close the start of the route, so we had the marching bands enter right behind us. They didn't play when they got in, so we missed those.
ReplyDeleteThere were a whole lotta horses. Well over 200, I'm sure. So many in fact, that they have a set of 3 street sweepers in the middle of the procession.