- It's my birthday today. (And if that doesn't elicit more than the typically wonderful 3-5 comments, I may be done with blogging....grrr. ;)
- "It's my party and I'll grrr if I want to, grrr if I want to..."
- I have a significant pile of evidence showing that someone is out to make the week of my birthday a hell week. First was a salesman making a royal screwup that will ultimately reflect poorly on my expense sheet, not to mention the royally bad attitude towards the guy and everyone else within reach, on top of the pain trying to get it all worked out. Next was 2, make that two, failures of the fire system at work, resulting in a lot of off-hours work for me (and no one else...except the plumber, who's getting paid for it) and visits from the wonderful firemen. Next was an assignment to sit through a super boring online class on business risk. And then there's that reminder that I'm getting older.
- This time of the year really sucks. There's nothing to do here so everyone's attitude goes to shit, including mine, people's performance falls off resulting in more mistakes made than when we were busy, and the littlest irks get under everyone's skin. I swear, if that salesman had been here, I would have punched him in the face. It's not enough that he knows I loath him for this.
- I'm back to taking that Dale Carnegie class. The short version, thank goodness. One good note is that of the 21 people attending the class, I can remember 41 of the first and last names. For the life of me, I cannot remember Mr. Maze's first name. They do this picture association game to help us remember names. Works pretty well, except Mr. Maze's picture was of him 'racing through a corn field.' What first name is associated with racing?
- One guys name is John Weber. His picture is of him sitting on the toilet flipping burgers. Three more are associated with some kind of alcohol. Reisling for Reisel, Miller for....Miller, and Guiness for Inness. And one lady's last name is Hinds. Yes, the mental picture of her is her slapping her butt. For me to remember that many names 3 days after meeting them is saying something. The last time I did that class, I'm not sure I remembered half of them. Using that skill in real life is something else though. Two of the plumbers I've talked to in the last 2 days told me their name, which I promptly forgot.
- So maybe this wasn't as random as I'd first imagined. My brain is shutting down and can't come up with any more randomness.
Happy Birthday, 3GK! The years do pass, but you are still very young. Enjoy it and may every year that passes be better than the last.
ReplyDeleteI imagine it is a rough time of year, especially in your part of the country where you get serious cold and the shut in feeling that comes along with that.
Is the guy racing through the maze on foot...like Jesse Owens or Steve Prefontaine? Or in a car...Carson? I am HORRIBLE at remembering names. I need to get down with that technique...
Anyway, Happy Birthday again...Happy Year of the Rabbit...and also, randomly, this is my mom's birthday too! What a day!
Thanks laura b! And say Happy Birthday to your mom for me. There was a kid with the same birthday a year ahead of me in school. I was always jealous that his mom did the whole cupcake thing and mine never did.
ReplyDeleteDangit...I shoulda brought cupcakes.
Happy birthday dude! I will attempt to find a song for next RetroRewind in celebration of your big day and one that you'll know..LOL!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! I'd sing, but I'm afraid the neighbor's dogs might riot.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Do you want me to comment 3-5 more times so that you are over the norm? I can do that!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday. I would have zero chance of remembering that many names, no matter what association game was involved. Good for you.
ReplyDeleteShelle insisted we come say Happy Birthday so.. Happy Birthday.
ReplyDeleteFunny post. Not sure what I would use to associate my name.. I had a friend call me Schley Dog..
Happy BDay! Your day deserves to be awesome!
ReplyDeleteShelle sent me over and I've enjoyed my stay.
Darling girls.....I'm sure you are totally the Knight!
Happy Happy BIrthday!!! I hope it's the best one yet!!! Forget about the crappy week... you remembered NAMES... I've never been one to do that.
ReplyDeleteCP - Thanks! Didn't really start listening to much music until college. And that wasn't all that long ago....maybe.
ReplyDeleteHi Zany! Go ahead and sing. If the dogs riot at their house, it's all good.
Hello Laura! Have at it!
Thanks Denny! I would have said the same thing before that class.
Welcome Vodka Logic! Thanks!
Hi Egan! Thanks for visiting.
Thanks for the props Shelle. You da bomb.!
Aw, Happy Belated Birthday!
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm catching up but it looks like you got more than 5 comments so I guess you're obligated to continue blogging.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, belatedly.
I am late, but Happy Birthday! Don't stop blogging and grrrr all you want to! Hope you had a great one!
ReplyDeleteOk figured them out!!!
ReplyDeleteTara - Thanks!
ReplyDeletesaw - I suppose so. Thanks!
Danielle - No problem and thank you, I will! Grrrrr..
Raven - Hi! Welcome! Sorry didn't respond sooner.
ReplyDelete