Saturday, August 21, 2010

Boondock Saints review

So I watched one of the movies on the list I posted a while ago. Yeah, I know, I could have watched a few since then, but I wanted to finish a TV series I’d started a while ago.

Anyway, I saw Boondock Saints last night. I agree with Nikki that the end was a little strange. Not the end of the story, but what they did during the credits seemed out of character for the movie.

I gave it 4 stars on Netflix. I laughed out loud a couple of times and the crazy people were fun to watch. It seemed to lack some background though. And as for being a pop culture icon, I don’t see that at all. Whatever piece of pop culture this movie influenced, apparently I missed it.

I will say it was good enough that I’ll watch the sequel. If only to round out the story a little more. Hopefully.

We’ll see what I actually end up watching next but I’m planning on Fast Times at Ridgemont High. A lot of these movies have way too much bad language in them, so I usually have to watch on my computer with my headphones on. Not something I can do in the middle of a Saturday.

I think I need to work on my movie review writing…but I have a faucet to fix. Have a great Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. You have a faucet, we have a toilet to fix. Fun stuffs!

    I loved the Boondock Saints! In fact, we used to watch it fairly often. There were things that I missed the first go round but caught later. As for the background... I already had that part. But I can see if you did not know the history that it did lack some of the telling that helped it to make sense.

    I have not seen the second one yet. I am looking forward to it, though I don't think it is a movie that my partner will enjoy as much as I do. He didn't like The Big Leboewski either and that I cannot imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am notoriously poor at writing movie reviews! I appreciate those who can do it. I haven't seen Boondock Saints, but I have seen Fast Times. I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame on you! You forgot to mention how sexy their accents were. I know its the real reason you're going to watch the sequel...

    It's mine anyway XD

    ReplyDelete