Yesterday morning G asked me, "Can I kiss you in heaven?"
"Of course you will." I said, while thinking to myself "I'm not sure it would be heaven if you couldn't kiss me." *heartbreak*
It's the second day of hangin' with my girlies before shcool. It's almost 10:30am and they haven't bugged me about turning on the TV yet! It's gotta be some sort of record. Their mom took them to Walmart last night to get some of the now-practically-required classroom supplies. Which is all fine, more than happy to help, but it's a bit of a stretch at the end of the summer after paying childcarex3. So they got some of their own supplies and a bunch for the classroom. They also got a couple of cheap packets of hair clips.
A, my 6 yr old, is the 'fashion girl', according to her. She has an eclectic taste in clothing, but I like it. She loves the long flowing skirts and all sorts of odd combinations. G, the 7 yr old, couldn't care less so I end up being her fashion consultant. Scary, but not that scary. If only I could get A to dress G....hmmm...
I need nicknames for them in these posts, huh? They have nicknames, but they're not the most flattering. Spacey (7), Aniqua (6), and Bellie (3). Well, until I can come up with better, I suppose they'll do. Churlita gets away with 'Stinky', so hey, why can't I? ;)
So Aniqua is in the bathroom for a while and comes out with a pony tail, of her own making, and pretty little clips in the front. (I tried to get a picture of her, but apparently it's 'attitude time'.) I did get a shot of Bellie though.
It's been a good couple of days. Not too many fights, they're not complaining much about the food, and Aniqua made her bed. Gave her a big hug for that, cause I didn't even ask.
The weather's been very nice, but a sure indicator that winter's on the way. Nice and cool but a bit windy. We'll have to hit the park today. This time of the year, it may be the last chance for the season. Weird but true. It's still August for cryin' out loud.
It's been nice staying at home. I get to catch up on my blog reading & do some posting. Haven't played a single video game though. No sweat, I'm sure I'll get plenty of that when Reach arrives.
Hope you're all having a great Tuesday!
Note to the Blogger guru's: Please, oh please, make the pictures insert at the cursor. Not the top of the post. Thanks.
Glad you are enjoying! They are so cute. And you know you can choose the size of the photos (small, med, large) when you insert, right?
ReplyDeleteI, too, have enjoyed some pre-school time off. My kids started today...and I have one more day of staycation.
ReplyDeleteYour girls are so sweet! Isn't it amazing how they are each so fully themselves from the moment they're born?
I've always been afraid that if I use nicknames I'll slip and use their real names, so I go with older son and younger son.
ReplyDeleteAdorable kids, KenV! They look all ready for school!
ReplyDeleteI agree about posting photos. It doesn't matter to them that the cursor is at the point where we want the photo, they'll always pop up at the top. Grr.