Friday, October 1, 2010

It's depressing...can't say I didn't warn you

This transition is proving more difficult than I'd hoped. She quit her car sales job and now has a part time job at local department store. For October she's only working 11-4 during weekdays and every other weekend. She had the dept store job in the past, but had cut back on hours with hopes that the care sales would pay better. So if the past repeats itself, she'll be working late evenings again at some point.

The frustrating part is that she's not willing to even talk about how to split time with the girls but is very willing to ask for money. Typical. I have the money and since I know I'm a pushover, I embraced it again and forked over a little. I just don't understand how someone can work a 40+ hour work week and not take any money home. You might think she's being deceitful, but I believe her money management skills are absolutely non-existent. It's been that way since I met her. One of those people that insist on buying the stuff on sale, simply because it's on sale. No thought to the fact that she doesn't need to buy it.

Before I moved out, I'd prepared myself for the worst. Which in my mind is the 'every other weekend' scenario. But I let my hopes get high when I was able to pick up the girls from school most weekdays last week. Not that it was the best situation anyway. I only had them for a couple of hours and most of that was spent cooking and eating. But I still got to hang out with them.

She assures me that I'll get to hang out with them more often than every other weekend, she's just not sure how it will work yet. I think her quitting the job was very spur-of-the-moment. And I know I need to give her typically looooong time to think things through. If I piss her off too much by pressuring, she'll only lock down more.

Anyway. Now that the depressing stuff is out of the way. I'd like to share some pictures of the quilts my mom sent to the girls to have at my place. Enjoy.




3 comments:

  1. Wow... gorgeous quilts! And so happy they come from grandma, which means so much. I'm betting any time spent with your girls is wonderful and I'm glad to hear you are getting to enjoy them.

    As for the ex and her money skills... you are a sweetheart! And its not just for her, its for your beauties too. On the flip side, she won't learn to manage unless she falls hard enough... just saying. No judgment against you, you are a good man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she works late evenings would you have the girls then? Does your schedule allow you to have them overnight during the week and take them to school or daycare in the morning? It will just take some time to work out the logistics, try not to get too discouraged.

    Those quilts are so beautiful. I wanted to choose a favorite, but it's quite impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great quilts!

    Transitions suck, but it'll work out.

    ReplyDelete