Thursday, March 10, 2011

Guest Q&A - Narcissistic Raven

Narcissistic Raven was kind enough to ask me my second ever Q&A session! I enjoyed answering them because they were not easy questions and it took some time to think of the answers. They were things I hadn't really thought of before.

So, just to have fun, I asked her the same questions. Here are the questions and her answers:

1. What was the spark that generated the idea that drove you to start your blog?I started blogging back in 2008. I had a rather successful blog called about life, love and yarn. In 2010 I had to shut my blog down because I was going through the end of my very messy divorce and I no longer felt that I could be completely authentic on that blog anymore since I knew he and his family read it and any thing I wrote about our divorce or what was going on just fed the flames. So after a 6 month hiatus I decided to create another blog that would give me the ability to journal and share my life (the good, the bad, the insane and the hilarious) in a way that I rarely have the chance to do in my real life. A place where I can be the entire, Raven

2. What do you feel is your strength as a blogger? Hmmm that's tough. I always worry that I will be "Too much (enter verb)" But I think it's precisely the "too much" factor that makes people want to read. I try to not hold back about myself and where I am at. Based on the comments I have received it seems to be why people like my blog.

3. What bloggers make you shake your head in admiration? What bloggers make you shake your head in shame or disgust? Hmmm there are so many. I would have to say that I admire any blogger who is blatantly honest no matter how difficult the subject matter provided that they show growth and progress through blogging. I'm disgusted by people who share way too much. I don't need to know about your "bits" (girl or boy), I don't want to know about your sex life especially anything requiring electricity, batteries or otherwise. Some things are better left not talked about.

4.
How would you like to be remembered as a blogger? What is the legacy you’ll leave behind? I want to remembered, period. I believe that our deeds are our legacy. I may be a crazy, emotional train wreck at times but I want to be remembered for my kindness, my good intentions and willingness to be vulnerable.

5. Do you ever worry that your blog posts may be misinterpreted? Ever ball up your fists, shoot steam from your ears and yell, “But you just don’t get it!” while reading a comment to a post? Even if they don’t get it, is that opinion still wrong? Good Lord Yes! All the time. My issues with my mother that I have been dealing with has proven to be the most misunderstood issue of all. I get messages about "forgiveness" and "forgetting". It can get maddening at times. I sometimes get comments that are obvious they never read any of what I wrote they just like my pictures and decided to comment by asking me for a date or to fly to where ever they may be (total strangers, first time commentators mind you) and have a romantic tryst. Actually add those to the disgust category on question #3 ;-)


Thank you Raven! (and sorry it took so long to get these posted.)

2 comments:

  1. Grinning!!! It was fun! I'm going to come up with a question for us to cross post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5 falls under the category of unsolicited advice - it's tough when people feel compelled to tell you how you ought to feel.

    #3 To me, sex is a vital and important part of life, so I don't mind talking about it or reading about it. Although I don't want gory detail. And I am baffled by the whole sex toy thing, preferring an actual human myself - so I usually just skip that.

    ReplyDelete