Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturday Scavenger Shots - Run

Forgive me if my interpretation is a bit of a stretch. As I was RUNning some errands, I picked up a new camera. It's a Samsung PL120. Just came out this month. It's just a P&S, but seems to record decent movies too.

Back in November, when my parents were in Montana for my grampas funeral, the cousins were divvying up grampas cowboy hats. My parents were nice enough to grab one for me. The only crummy thing is that my exceptionally large and powerful brain (or at least the brain holder) is too big for it.

I'm such a sap. Almost everything seen in that
photo has some sort of sentimental value.

On the front of the hat is a brass pin. It's a commemorative pin of the signing of the Constitution. In other words...a picture of the guys that used to RUN this country as they were establishing the rules for RUNning this country. Awesome. I need to ask gramma where the pin came from.

I took this photo with my new camera. I have never had a P&S take such good pictures at such a close range without having to fiddle with the settings. This was auto.

GUN rhymes with RUN. The other thing I got from grampa was his Ruger .22 rifle.

I haven't shot a gun in about 5 years. There's a short range near work, primarily for truckers to practice pistols I think, but it's close enough that I plan on stopping by during a lunch hour to fire this thing a couple of times. It's got a nice Bushnell scope. I was taught years ago how to clean a rifle, but I've forgotten most of it. Gotta do that too. Then maybe I can find a rancher than needs some gophers rubbed out.


I missed a couple of weeks of SSS, so I hope I'm not doubling up on the cycle, but I pick LAURA B! to pick next weeks word.

5 comments:

  1. I always enjoy a stretch for the words! Gun rhymes with Run - haha! Well, it sure does.

    Your new camera takes excellent pictures. I'm fully jealous.

    Thanks for the tag :-) There aren't a lot of us playing right now, so the tags are bound to around quick. I will post my word on Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any interpretation of the chosen word will work! Yours is very creative, I love that pin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool - a new camera. Nice photos with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics! And this reminds me, i really want a new camera. Maybe I can convince hubs to buy me one for Easter. I deserve an Easter present right? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. laura b - Why thank you! I bought it just for the jealous factor.

    Tara - Thank! I like it too.

    secret agent - Thank!

    Blue Zoo - Pffft. You need a present because it's Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete