I know, I know. It can get worse and probably will before next Friday. That comment was the first thing she's said to me since Thursday. Stay calm, stay calm.
She wanted me to draft a letter saying I'll pay her some child support, and I did that because I know she needs it as part of her financial aid application. And if I don't, it's more likely the state would come after me for money. The bases should be covered to let me out of it in the future, if any other agreement is made. What I haven't included is any provision for change in income. If her plan works out, she'll be making just as much as me soon. So if she makes more money, technically, I should be paying less in support. The only thing stopping me from adding anything is that according to the online calculator that the county provides, her income would have to double to drop my child support payment by a whole $100. And if I include it, I'm afraid she won't sign it.
Hopefully very soon my blog posts will not be so self-centered. I've read a couple of novels recently and have some ideas for topics on writing. I'd like to expand my reader base and I'm thinking that all this crap I've been writing about is only scaring people away.
As I'm writing this, Aniqua is messing with my golf clubs. The junk you see in the background is a pretty good portion of everything I'll leave with. Is the fact that the packing is almost done any indication of my current state of mind?
Here's to keeping my cool over the next few days. Cheers.
Well, I would have to say that my suspicion is that she is trying to goad you in to leaving in a hurry and not taking all that you want to take. But as you say, you will be out of there soon enough and must certainly take what the two of you agreed upon. It's only fair.
ReplyDeleteAs a "personal", rather than issue based blogger myself, I enjoy reading other people's personal entries. However, I can surely understand your desire to move past this part of your life.
Thanks for the link! I've reciprocated at my place.
ReplyDeletelaura - Sometimes I think she's trying to keep me here. Other times trying to get me out. No matter. I've decided which one to go with now.
ReplyDeleteSuldog - You're very welcome! Sorry I haven't been much of a commenter at your place. For some reason my RSS feed reader doesn't pick up any of your post except the title. Then my laziness kicks in and I click past. I promise to do much better at reading your blog!
Ya know, blogging is whatever it is, and staring at your navel is not a bad thing sometimes. It'll change,don't worry.
ReplyDelete