Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Letters from the Editor

Dear asian lady who stopped by my office this morning,

I'm really sorry I couldn't (wouldn't) help you, but when I said I didn't understand you, it's not that I didn't understand the situation (and therefore needed more explanation), it's that I didn't understand the words you were saying. Besides, in no way shape or form do I want to get involved in any domestic dispute involving an employee who may or may not have done something wrong. The guy makes $9.50/hr cutting pieces of wood. He doesn't need to be a saint and I certainly can't fire him for it.

Sincerely,
Gotsmyownissues




Dear Windows Live Writer,

I'm not going to use you anymore. I don't want a double space after every paragraph. I usually do, but it would be nice to have the option.

Catch ya later,
bloggertextwriteruser




Dear Pandora (the internet radio),

I understand that you are a radio station, therefore you have a limited number of songs to play for any given genre, just like every other station. But you have quite a few stations that are very similar. Maybe you could swap songs across stations every once in a while. Pretty please? Yes, I know I can just switch stations, but at that point, there's a high probability that I could guess which song I'm going to hear.

Love you anyway,
RockerOner



Dear Bury,

I enjoy playing Halo with you and am glad you bought the new maps. But I have never heard anyone complain so much about anything! Opinions are everyone's right to be had, but sharing the same negative opinion over and over and over doesn't encourage those who regularly play with you to continue. If the game sucks so bad why do you keep playing it? Is it because you have a somewhat captive audience? Hmmm?

Lower your expectations,
3GirlKnight




Dear 3girlknight,

You've used "I" 17 times already in this post. Get over yourself.

Regards,
KenV




Dear girlies,

I miss you. Even though we'll be hanging out together tonight, I still miss you. Can't wait to pick out a tree tonight.

I love you,
Dad

p.s. - Please stop calling me 'Hey' or 'Mom'. I'm neither of those people.




Dear US Citizens,

You should be proud to be part of a country, that as a whole, has at least a little respect for our enemies. Remember Pearl Harbor today. We received a massive attack by Japan, yet even after our awful retaliation, US leaders had the presence of mind to send millions of dollars and skilled leaders into Japan to rebuild it. (Would you believe they did better at helping rebuilding Japan than they did building America at the time?) Makes the fight between Democrats & Republicans seem like a waste of breath, huh?

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. I like Pandora, but don't have enough chances to listen to it...sounds like it might be just as well :-)

    Hey, I think I might know Bury. Or certainly a person or two very similar. haha!
    ^^^^
    Ooops, didn't mean to call you "hey". Tell your girls they must address you as "Father, Dear Father" from here on out. Catchy, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. laura - It's not bad at all. Good enough for me to pay the $30-something yearly fee. And I'll bet there are a few Bury's out there. That would work. I've always liked "Father dearest" too.

    ReplyDelete