Friday, December 3, 2010

Too Much to Say

I'm echoing crazy4coens Not Much to Say post here, with a few more words.

I was going to do the Friday 5 but due to recent developments, I'm not much in the holiday mood. I try (unsuccessfully sometimes) to not rant & rave too much about the separation here, but it's gonna happen today. If you'd like to skip it, there's a little non-ranting down at the bottom.

The stbx suddenly decided that it's not ok for me to go into her house without her being there. I can understand that and really have no problem with it, besides the fact that the last 3 months haven't been an issue and it's happening right on the weekend that I would like to get my piano! I know, I know. ChopperPapa was right about the controlling thing.

And she's getting evicted. Saw that one a mile away. The crummy thing is that she's calling my parents for help and I'm not sure how much they expect me to help. In my opinion, it's exactly what needs to happen. I've been encouraging her to find a cheaper place since I moved out. I'm not going to help any more than I agreed to already. I have too many big ticket expenses to take care of. The other crummy thing is that apparently it's all my fault. Of course.

I didn't yell. Much. She kept asking me if I was still on the phone because I'd stop talking. I knew if I opened my mouth the shit would fall out.

Then she dropped a little nugget on my dad about me not answering my phone. Mmmkay...so answering a morning call and missing an evening call, on the same day, constitutes as "never answering the phone."

You know, when someone loads the f-bomber and flies it around for you, it's hard not to hit the 'fire' button.


End rant, begin non-rant (almost):

On an entirely different note, one intended to make me less pissed off, I'm catching up on episodes of "The Guild." Totally a geek thing, but Felicia Day is cute and the show is pretty funny.

But even that's frustrating. A 40 mph wind is blowing so our internet is acting up and the video keeps resetting. *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. Chin up. I'll offer a prayer for you, as soon as this posts. Hope things get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely feel how frustrating this whole situation is for you. What always helps me is to remember that I can't control what anyone else does, but I can control how I react to it. Your ex is a grown woman, she needs to figure this out and you need to keep doing whatever you guys agreed you would be doing. No more, no less. I honestly sympathize very much with what you're going through. It WILL get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I sure hope what Laura says is true. It WILL get better - sure has the ring of truth to it, doesn't it? Keep on keeping on........

    ReplyDelete