Yesterday evening ended up being a little interesting. At least more interesting than normal. Had a bit of a scare even. Actually, it could have easily been a “I think I shit my pants” evening.
I had a few Halo games scheduled at about 8pm. After those were finished, around 9, I took my headphones off and heard my cell ringing. A friend of mine was calling saying that the shop alarm was going off. (It’s kind of a long story on how he knew. I’ll skip it.) After ending that call, I checked my missed calls and messages and sure enough, the alarm company had called me twice. So I called them back and let them know I was on my way.
After arriving at work, and finding two empty police cruisers and no policemen, I honked my horn a couple of times and headed inside. When the alarm company called they told me which door had set off the alarm, so after shutting the alarm off and walking all the way through our 200’ shop to check that door, I started walking back to the front door. About 30’ from an interior break room door, I saw it open and out lopes this big German Shepherd.
This is probably the first and last time you’ll read this on my blog, but I’ll admit that the words, “Oh fuck” went through my mind. I think I even silently mouthed it.
The dog didn’t do anything. Thank God.
Right behind him were the 2 policemen. They even said, “Whoa!” when they saw me. After exchanging our greetings, one of the cops said, “If I hadn’t given him a toy before we came in here, you would have had a pretty bad night.” Come to find out they never got the message that I was coming.
In the end everything turned out fine. The alarm got set off because the wind blew a sliding door away from its sensor. Happens at least once a year. Although there’s never been a police dog involved before.
Oh my! Given my entirely reasonable fear of unknown dogs, that definitely could have been a bad, bad moment.
ReplyDeleteNice to know the shop is so safe though, eh?
Did you hope he would hump you? Sorry, had to get you back.
ReplyDeletelaura - I don't even want to know how much that would have hurt.
ReplyDeletePamela - Ha! Totally deserved that. I regretted posting that comment just after I did. Sorry.