Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Late Randomonday + movie review

- I've had to stay away from FB due to all the mention of family going to my Gpa's funeral. It's only a 9 hour drive for me but due to financial restrictions, I cannot go. Kinda depressing. My mom is going to talk to my Gramma and pass on my intentions of taking the girls to visit her soon.

- About finances, my dental work yesterday cost me $322. Way more than I'd hoped. Insurance only covered 60% of the cheapest option possible. At least the deductible is taken care of now.

- The dentist had to shoot me 3 frickin' times to finally find the right nerve. Left me numb for most of the day. Didn't eat lunch and dinner was painful. It's better now.

- Tonight is the first night of our revised parenting schedule. I'm sure glad I get to see the girlies more, but dinner is going to become more of a focal point for me. Which is good. I'll have to sharpen my pre-planning skills.

- I've decided to got the route of the local fitness gym, rather than just Kinect. It will be an opportunity to get out of the house and actually meet people. I'll probably still get Kinect, but it will be as a Christmas present for the girlies. There are some good reviews on the games for it and it's geared more towards kids games.

- Got a call from Child Support Services. Apparently a judge needs to decide the amount of child support in order for her to start getting state aid. I really hope they follow the online calculator. Or at least close. Even worst case (i.e. - she didn't make any money) I wouldn't be paying much more than we already agreed to and would be less than what I've actually been giving her.

- What's the deal with cursing so much in a blog post? I'll admit that I'm one to let 4 letters fly every now and then, but do people not understand how they come across when it's every other word?

On to the movie review!

I watched Life as a House last night. If you remember, way back when, I posted a list of movies that Nikki is also working on. Well, I haven't been watching them. In fact, at the time I'd set up my Netflix Instant Q with all the online movies available. I've since taken most of them off. I just don't care to watch them so I'm not even trying to get through that list any more. I'll still use it as a suggestion list, but I have no goal to watch them all. Sorry for bailing on you Nikki.


Despite the moral depravity that seemed to influence most of the characters, it was a good movie. Funny, sad, and had it's WTF moments.

I will say though that Hayden Christensen is not my favorite actor. He played a good Anakin Skywalker, but I just feel like the parts of the story that required him to be highly emotional fell flat. But he's young and I'm sure his acting will develop.

If you haven't seen it, I'd recommend it.

8 comments:

  1. Bro, I've notice the same thing on the 4 letter word dealio. Honestly, I think most people do it because (1) cursing for the most part IS funny (2) its the only forum they can and get away with it.

    Personally, I try to refrain from the f-bombs opting instead for the innuendos or the use of a really good thesaurus. I have the feeling that my kids will be reading all of these one day and I'd hate for them to be embarrassed at my foul mouth because I wanted to get a few extra chuckles and comment or two.

    I missed my grandmother's funeral also. But for some reason I don't think she was really upset about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats an old movie right? I think Ive seen it, and I think I liked it.

    Dentists are evil.

    And good luck at the gym! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chopper - Thanks for visiting! Yeah, I'll bet my Gpa doesn't mind either. I mostly regret missing family I haven't seen in years.

    Blue Zoo - I think it was released in 2001. The dentist was a nice guy but dang did he mess up my mouth. It's still sore. Thanks for the well wishes. I'll apply them to losing some inches since I'm not trolling yet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that circumstances don't allow you to attend your grandfather's funeral. Of course, everyone will understand and your thoughts will be with them.
    This post is like a 'that's good, that's bad' story! At least there seems to be a balance between the two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. laura - Thanks! I'd like to think I'm balanced. Maybe flailing wildly trying to stay upright, but balanced none the less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that movie, too. I am kind of psyched about the new watch instantly feature on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, I'm SO BEHIND. I think i'm gonna try to do pulp fiction tonight...

    And while Life as A House was a good movie, I still don't know how it made the Pop Culture list haha!

    ReplyDelete