Saturday, November 6, 2010

I love you Grampa

I know I've posted a lot this weekend, but this one is going to set for a while.

My grandfather passed away last night. He was 91 years old.


I love him very much.

I can't say enough good about him. Possibly the fondest memory I have of him is the way he read the Bible. By far the most reverent voice I've ever heard. Just recently I heard my father sliding into the same voice. Brought back a wave of wonderful memories.

He leaves my grandma behind. She's well into her 80's and has lost most of her vision. I always thought my grandpa would outlive her. Proves they come from good stock. Glad I have their genes. My grampa even had a double bypass 20 years ago. I remember him showing me the massive scar the surgery gave him.

He was very funny. Always had some quip to share. Got along great with my kids and all his great-grandchildren. I'm so thankful they got to know him. Spacie's already planning the card she's going to send him.



Gramma and Grampa loved each other more than I can imagine. Now that I think about it, I hope I can find that someday. My cousin took some short videos of him answering some questions. My cousin asked him about his wife and I'll bet he was afraid he'd start crying if he answered. Then you could hear my Gramma piping in from the background and started to answer for him. It was awesome.

There's no doubt in my mind he's enjoying Jesus' company right now.

I love you Grampa.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Ken. I know your faith is a great consolation to you now. It is wonderful that your girls had the chance to know and love him as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so sorry he's gone.

    The video sounds like a really great idea. Its something you can share with your family forever!

    ReplyDelete