Friday, November 5, 2010

Looking at a new digital PnS

I took the girlies to Walmart to pick up some groceries and took a stroll by their camera display. I picked up what I believe was the Samsung TL240.



I say 'believe' because I didn't actually write the name down.

Didn't buy it, but came home and did a little research. It's not terribly cheap, at $230 at Walmart and $170 at Amazon, but compared to the $200+ I spent on a 5mp HP 6 years ago, it's not bad at all. (I'll have to double check, but I don't remember the one I handled at the store costing $230. I think it was closer to $170. May be a different model?)

So this thing is a 14mp, 7x optical zoom, with a 3.5" touchscreen, and can shoot 1280x720 movies.

The touchscreen caught my attention at the store. It wasn't focusing correctly so I started fiddling with the touchscreen options and it took me about 15 seconds to find and correct the problem, even not having any experience with that camera at all. A lot of that ease had to do with the screen and it's quick response.

No Samsung didn't ask me to sell their camera. Cnet hasn't done a review, but it's getting pretty good user reviews on Amazon. I am curious to hear your opinion if you have any experience with Samsung cameras.

1 comment: