So after my less than stellar review of blogfrog, I didn't follow through on my threat to back out. I was curious about the release of their new site and it was kind of cool to join in on the chat. After some very unsuccessful searching for men-like people, a very nice lady opened a thread just to welcome me.
Thank you RedheadRiter, and all those that commented in that thread, for that fantastic welcome.
A few other guys raised their hands there too. 4DAUTRZ, Diplo_Daddy, and Chris.
So now my reader has a fairly respectful group of guy bloggers.
AlienCG - the first blog I ever read
dmarks - I'm a lurker over here
ChopperPapa - motorcycles are cool
SydandDensDad - new to his blog
PapaK - new to his blog
JDB - very new to his blog
I kinda hate to do this, but my reading list is probably going to have to get cleaned up a bit. There are a few blogs in there that I rarely read and never comment at. A couple who haven't posted for months (sorry auntie), and a few that have never been here, so...
So all this means that I have 100 unread posts in my reader now. In a very small way it's kind of nice that we're not super busy at work right now. I'm totally destroying our 'no personal internet usage' policy though.

Darnit. I thought my links were showing up better than that.
ReplyDeleteOk. That's a little better.
ReplyDeleteSince I know guys are supposed to be in the minority of bloggers, I'm glad you were able to connect with several good ones!
ReplyDeleteOf the blogs and bloggers I most regularly visit, I have a well balanced mix of guys and dolls :-)
Hello 3GK! I am here by way of my blog which you visited via NoR (if that makes sense)...anywho...
ReplyDeleteI TOTALLY violate the no personal internet use policy around here (if there is such a thing)...sigh.
P.S. Laura I think I have a good mix of "guys and dolls" in my blog roll too! The only problem is I've been away so long, I may have lost a few followers :-( sigh.
HI There! Would you happen to be the gentleman who attended my "virtual birthday party" live chat on Blog Frog a little while ago?
ReplyDeleteI'm PJ and my blog is PJ's Prayer Line. Just so you know, we are not completely one-tract minded! LOL! We do talk about recipes, parenting, clothes, our day's, just all kinds of things. Hope you will continue to join us in our discussions and chats.
Welcome!
God Bless,
PJ
No reading blogs at work...ha! Thanks for following me as a BFF.
ReplyDeleteStopping over from Red's Blog Frog to say Hi. Thanks for joining us over there :)
ReplyDeleteLOL on destroying the "no internet use" at work...I destroy that rule daily.
Dude, I agree what is it about people where you visit their blog, read it, possibly post a time or two and there isn't even the respect of the blogger to acknowledge your blog or say thanks to you for posting.
ReplyDeleteI'll will straight up kick those peeps to the curb....isn't there some sort of blogger etiquette in there somewhere?
You of course, are a homie! I may give 'ol blogfrog a try sometime.
Just followed you! Found you on BlogFrog through RedHeadedRiter. I'm at www.toeuropewithkids.com - check me out!
ReplyDeleteYes, there are a few dad bloggers on Blog Frog. Just keep searching. Hey, you found me!
ReplyDeleteHi Laura b! Good mix is good.
ReplyDeleteWelcome Tera! I figure my boss would have all sorts of other reasons to fire me if he really wanted to.
Hello PJ! No, I wasn't at your b-day party. Sorry I missed it!
Hi Bev! Thanks for visiting.
Welcome Deb! Thanks for stopping by and such a warm welcome at bf.
Be careful CP. They'll suck you in and make you start using exclamation points all the time.
!
Hello Sonja! Thanks for commenting.
Wassup Diplo! We'll have to start our own community. "No Gurlz Aloud.... Ok maybe some girlz. Alright a lot of gurlz but only nice onez. And cute onez. Even if they're not nice."
Hi 3GirlKnight - so glad to hear you decided to stick with BlogFrog and give us another try :) We get thousands of new members each month and a growing number of them are dad bloggers. But it sounds like you have an awesome audience of moms (including me) so keep up the good work. Look forward to seeing you around the communities!
ReplyDeleteHolly (co-founder, BlogFrog)
Great to see you on BlogFrog...you're right, we ARE fans of exclamation marks!!
ReplyDeleteHey, thanks for the mention of my blog here on yours! I've been away from the computer for a while due to the "crud" that my whole family has had the last week or so, so I haven't been able to follow you back until now. Keep up the great stuff.
ReplyDeleteI have a lot of male bloggers in my list. I like to read a variety of blogs.
ReplyDeleteMaybe try a new technique for reading blogs. Have a picture blogroll like I have on my other 6 blogs. That way you will see the post picture, the title and a piece of the post. The newest move to the top. It is easy to keep track of which you have read and which you haven't :o) Just a suggestion.
ReplyDeleteHey - thanks for following toeuropewithkids.com!
ReplyDeleteHello Holly! - You guys have done a great job on that site.
ReplyDeleteMama Kat - It's infectious. !!
Hi Denny - No prob. Thanks!
secret agent - Cool.
Redhead - I'll have to check that out. Thanks!
Sonja - Your welcome and thank you. Dalmatia looks fantastic.
I need to actually do anything with blogfrog... I believe now you know way more than I ever have!
ReplyDeleteYou're dropping me, aren't you. :-(
ReplyDeleteShelle - Oh, I don't know about that. You're an all powerful community leader. I'm just a peon.
ReplyDeletePamela - Why would you say that?
Pamela - Although I should say that I continue to be confused as to which blog you write, since your commenting profile doesn't link to it. I know I've been told numerous times, but it just ain't clicking.
ReplyDelete