Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rant - peril to all ye who enter here

I am so very annoyed right now.

Very frustrated.

With these half-assed processes and programs we have at work.

We can't even properly handle a single friggin purchase order.

By the time we're done processing an order, that order number will have been retyped at least 7 times!!

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!! *ripshairout*








*putshairbackin*

Our stupid design software can't even stack windows right! WHY ARE YOU PUTTING THE PRINT WINDOW BEHIND EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!

*poundsthecrapoutofkeyboard*



NO I DON'T TO RESTART MY COMPUTER EVERY TIME THERE'S A PROBLEM YOU IDIOT HELP DESK PERSON!!!!



*sleep*

Ok. I wrote all of that yesterday. Rereading it is just reminding me how mad I was. I know, I know, I'm the architect of 80% of these problems. When you don't have any money to spend on a comprehensive order processing program, and have the skills to build decent spreadsheets, that's what you do. Build spreadsheets. Spreadsheet after spreadsheet. The thing about spreadsheets is that they're usually only good for doing one thing. Or a few things, at the most. So at the moment, I have 6 major spreadsheets to handle different order processing functions.

We're getting the job done, but it can be a huge pain sometimes.


So there's my rant for the day. Not too positive so I'll replace it with something better soon.

10 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the redheaded riter discussion. I can totally identify with your computer frustrations. My son actually answers calls for computer help questions. You should hear his stories from the other end of the phone! I love the pictures of your beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I share some similar frustrations at work, as far as the number of hoops the simplest requests must jump through before you can either move forward... or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming Patti! I suppose I shouldn't gripe at the support people so much, but for this particular software, that's their standard answer. Restart.

    laura - Thank you so much for hanging with me and reading my blog through all the crap I've written. Your faithfulness is wonderful. *hugs*




    Ok, I just got my man card punched for that one. Wouldn't have it any other way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ "*putshairbackin*" ((((Blank stare)))) then.....ROTFLMAO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tera - I am so glad someone else thought that was funny. Thanks!

    Zack - I don't sell things on this blog and I will not let anyone else either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! Love it... and I understand the rant. I have a few of them myself every now and again. I like reading rants every so often too! Let's us know you are human... you are... right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laura! Thanks for visiting. I have 2 Laura visitors now. laura b, you will always be my laura b.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, rant away my friend. We all need to sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Danielle! Glad you could stop by.

    ReplyDelete